- COVID-19 Screening Resources
Change Healthcare (2022). COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2).
- General information about the prevention, testing, and management of COVID-19.
American Medical Association. (2022, July). What Doctors Wished Patients Knew About COVID-19 Testing.
- American Medical Association suggestions and answered FAQs on COVID-19 testing. Includes tips on various types, symptoms, and implications associated with COVID-19 tests.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (2022). Community-based Testing Sites for COVID-19.
- Resources for accessing low or no-cost COVID-19 tests from pharmacies and health centers in the U.S.
American Medical Association. (2022, Jan). COVID-19 Health Equity Resources.
- Eight health equity resources curated from the American Medical Association to examine the structural issues that contribute to existing health inequities.
American Medical Association (2020, Mar). New CPT Code for COVID Testing: What You Should Know.
- Description of the importance and definition of the American Medical Association Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) of COIVD-19 testing.
Perceptions of COVID-19 self-testing and recommendations for implementation and scale-up among Black/African Americans: implications for the COVID-19 STEP
- Participants who identified as Black/African-Americans perceived COVID-19 self-testing kits as an acceptable tool to prevent transmission and address structural barriers of COVID-19 testing. Concerns were also raised regarding the accurate utility and costs of these kits. Recommendations on disseminating information and developing educational tools are provided in this study.
- HIV Screening Resources
American Academy of Family Physicians (2017). HIV and AIDS.
- General information about the prevention, screening, and management of HIV and AIDS.
Change Healthcare (2022). HIV Test.
- General information and recommendations for HIV testing and what to do when tested positive for HIV.
American Academy of HIV Medicine (n.d.). HIV Testing Resources.
- Significance and descriptions of HIV screening. Direct HIV testing resources and hotlines.
CDC - Get Tested (2022). National HIV, STD, and Hepatitis Testing.
- Resource to search for free, fast, and confidential HIV testing near a specific region.
- Health Equity Resources
American Hospital Association Institute for Diversity and Health Equity “Health Equity Roadmap” (2021).
- A guide and description of the Health Equity Roadmap by the American Hospital Association Institute for Diversity and Health Equity. The Health Equity Roadmap is a framework to help hospitals and health care systems become more equitable and inclusive organizations.
Health Equity Tracker. (2022). Satcher Health Leadership Institute. Morehouse School of Medicine.
- The Health Equity Tracker was created in 2020 to aggregate up-to-date demographic data from U.S. communities. Now, the Health Equity Tracker provides a detailed view of health outcomes by race, ethnicity, sex, and other critical factors.
- Racial Equity Resources
American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) Antiracism Resources (2022).
- Links to the AAMC framework for addressing and eliminating racism at the AAMC, in Academic Medicine, and Beyond. Helpful definitions, video resources, and examples of anti-racism in practice within the United States’ medical schools and teaching hospitals. Other helpful AAMC publications and reading lists are also included.